Monday, May 20, 2024
No menu items!
HomeInternational SoccerMan United target Mikayl Faye told he is part of Barcelona's future...

Man United target Mikayl Faye told he is part of Barcelona’s future – Man United News And Transfer News

Manchester United’s defensive target Mikayl Faye has been told he is a part of Barcelona’s first team plans for the next season.

The Old Trafford outfit have suffered immensely in defence this campaign, conceding a ridiculous amount of shots and being embarrassed in Europe, allowing 15 goals against them in six group games. As a result, the future of many United defenders is up in the air due to injuries and poor form.

United have been linked to more expensive targets like Gleison Bremer and Jarrad Branthwaite, though INEOS also seem keen to explore younger talents like Anselmino from Boca Juniors and Faye at Barcelona.

It was reported last month that the Red Devils had been keeping tabs on the Senegalese defender for three months, having been impressed with his efforts in Barcelona’s B team.

Furthermore, it was relayed here that the Catalan side would be open to selling the player, if they could attach an attractive buyback option in the deal for themselves.

Earlier this month, there was more good news forUnited, as it was revealed by Catalan press that the player was open to a move, as he was impatient to play first team football.

However, Mundo Deportivo have claimed that in a meeting held on Wednesday between Deco, Barcelona’s sporting director, and Faye’s agent, it was communicated that the club “count on” the player for next season in the first team.

The Spanish outlet go on to claim, “Mikayl Faye aims to be one of FC Barcelona’s future centre-backs” and “is already knocking on the door of the first team”.

Such has been the impressive nature of the defender’s form, “teams at the level of Liverpool, Manchester United, Bayern Munich or French teams such as Lille, Monaco, Nice and Lens are pushing to acquire the player’s services”.

“The representatives of the Senegalese centre back wanted to know first-hand the club’s intentions regarding their client. FC Barcelona informed them that Faye is part of the club’s plans for the future and, as happened last summer, he will once again complete the preseason with the first team. The idea that the team is working on is that the Senegalese international, who has not yet made his official debut with Barça despite being one of Rafa Márquez’s mainstays in the defence, is part of the first team next season”.

However, the paper is quick to qualify this statement by claiming that it is up to the player to take his chances, and it also depends on the future of Barca boss, Xavi. What is clear though, is that he will not continue with Barca B next season.

“Both parties are clear that Faye would no longer have a place in the reserve team next year given the performance that he has already shown and, therefore, a satisfactory exit for both parties would have to be found. But the initial idea is that Mika can have minutes in the first team”.

It stands to reason the Catalan club will try and keep Faye as with their financial difficulties it will be hard to sign many players this summer. Moreover, the Blaugrana has somewhat rebuilt its identity of providing young players a platform with the rapid rise of talents like Yamine Lamal and Pau Cubarsi making waves in Catalonia.

Faye will no doubt try his luck and aim to gain significant minutes in the first team; however, should he fail to do so, United alongside a host of other European giants will be keeping a keen eye on the situation.


Want to be the first to hear breaking Man United news? For carefully selected, crucial updates, join our WhatsApp channel: .

RELATED ARTICLES
0 0 votes
Article Rating
Subscribe
Notify of
guest
0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments

Most Popular

Recent Comments