JACKSONVILLE, Fla. – North Florida women’s soccer faces the penultimate test of a four-game road stretch as the Ospreys (4-6-3, 2-3-1 ASUN) take on Queens (N.C.) (3-4-5, 1-1-4 ASUN) Thursday, Oct. 5 at 7 p.m.
UNF looks to improve to 2-1 in games played at Queens with the Ospreys taking the last game in the Tar Heel State 6-0, Sept. 10, 2000.
Who: North Florida & Queens (N.C.)
What: Match 13
When: Thursday, Oct. 5 at 7 p.m.
Where: Queens Sports Complex
Live Stats: http://stats.statbroadcast.com/broadcast/?id=471291
- This is the sixth matchup in series history between Queens (N.C.) and UNF
- The Ospreys hold the series lead over the Royals with a 3-1-1 record
- The last time these two faced off, it ended in a 0-0 draw at Hodges Stadium Oct. 13, 2022
- UNF holds the largest margin of victory over Queens winning 6-0 Sept. 10, 2000
Last Time Out
LOUISVILLE, Ky. – North Florida women’s soccer picked up a point on the road thanks to a Paige McSwigan penalty kick score as the Ospreys (4-6-3, 2-3-1 ASUN) played to a 1-1 draw against Bellarmine (4-4-5, 1-2-3 ASUN), Sunday, Oct. 1. All told for the afternoon, North Florida held an 18-6 advantage in total shots.
- Queens (N.C.) enter the matchup 3-4-5 and 1-1-4 in Atlantic Sun play
- Before Atlantic Sun play, Queens saw a 2-3-1 record against non-conference opponents
- The Royals most notable victory came against South Carolina State, dismantling the Bulldogs 8-0
- The Royals have tied four games in conference play against North Alabama, Eastern Kentucky, Bellarmine and FGCU
- Similar to the Ospreys, Queens beat Stetson 2-1 in DeLand
- Lucie Platt and Savannah Stuart pace the side with two goals apiece
- Maddy Leone and Hilda Svensson lead the team in assists with two each
- Keeper Erica Turner has featured in every contest but one making 65 saves through 12 games
- Head coach Shannon Neely Noel enters her second season with the Royals
- Paige McSwigan notched her second goal of the season at Bellarmine, Sunday
- McSwigan and Jersi Dadah are tied for the team-high in points with seven apiece
- UNF is 33-1-2 when scoring first under head coach Eric Faulconer
- The Ospreys are 17-12-6 in away matches played under head coach Eric Faulconer