RICHMOND, Ky. – UNF (4-6-2, 2-3-0 ASUN) outshot EKU (4-6-2, 3-1-1 ASUN) in the first half and managed an advantage in corner kick chances, but Eastern Kentucky’s early penalty kick goal opportunity served up by a red card in the box was too much to overcome as the Ospreys dropped the road trip opener, 3-0, Thursday, Sept. 28.
EKU 3, UNF 0
4′ | Lydia Jervier – PK (EKU)
60′ | Jami Anderson (Premoli) – EKU
80′ | Jami Anderson (Gunn) – EKU
Inside the Match
- First Half: Paige McSwigan fired a corner into the box in the first minute that found the head of Zara Siassi whose header sailed just over the crossbar … EKU took the lead in the fourth minute after UNF keeper Rachel Fishkin was charged with a red card for contesting a striker in the box … the Ospreys would outshoot the Colonels in the first half but the EKU advantage remained into the break.
- Second Half: in the 55th minute Jersi Dadah sent a cross into the box looking to find Chloe Lynch but her cross was saved by Krick … EKU extended its lead in the 61st minute when Jami Anderson hooked in a goal from the right side of the box … Anderson added an insurance score 20 minutes later.
Leaders By the Numbers
- Lydia Jervier | 1 goal, 1 shot on goal
- Jami Anderson | 2 goals
- Chiara Premoli | 1 assist
- Gretta Gunn | 1 assist
— UNF Women’s Soccer (@OspreyWSOC) September 28, 2023
- UNF is tied, 1-1, in the all-time series against Eastern Kentucky
- Zara Siassi played all 90 minutes for the seventh time this season
- Fishkin had to depart in the fourth minute due to a red card
- North Florida had three corner kick opportunities to EKU’s 0
- The Ospreys had just six fouls to EKU’s 19
- UNF sent 24 Ospreys to the pitch
North Florida completes the Kentucky road swing Sunday at 1 p.m. against Bellarmine.