JACKSONVILLE, Fla. – North Florida women’s soccer earned its second Atlantic Sun win of the campaign thanks to two goals in three minutes and a Sophia Goetz brace as the Ospreys (4-5-2, 2-2-0 ASUN) toppled Austin Peay (4-7-1, 2-2-0 ASUN) 3-0, Sunday Sept. 24
UNF took Austin Peay by surprise, scoring twice within the first three minutes to take an early advantage. Sophia Goetz bounced on the end of a rebounded shot by Paige McSwigan to open the scoring. Just a minute later, a saved header from Zara Siassi would fall into the path of Jersi Dadah who slotted it home. Goetz got her brace in the 19th minute heading in a Lauren Weiss cross after good link up play with Amanda Hartmann.
UNF 3, Austin Peay 0
2′ | Goetz (McSwigan) – UNF
3′ | Dadah (Siassi, McSwigan) – UNF
19′ | Goetz (Hartmann, Weiss) – UNF
Inside the Match
- First Half: The Ospreys enjoyed a quick start in the 2nd minute as a shot from McSwigan was parried into the path of Goetz who poked it in for the first collegiate goal of her career … just over a minute later McSwigan whipped a corner to the head of Siassi who forced a save that fell to the foot of Dadah who fired home to double the Ospreys advantage … in the 19th minute Hartmann found Weiss on the right wing who sent a ball into the box finding the head of Goetz for her second goal of the day … The Ospreys didn’t allow a single shot in the first half, outshooting the Governors 10-0.
- Second Half: Austin Peay began to threaten in the second period forcing a pair of saves from Rachel Fishkin … the Ospreys kept up the pressure recording eight more shots in the second half to take the tally up to 18 … Sophia Hayag and Kalliyan Pho would combine for four of the eight second-half shots from UNF, taking two apiece.
Leaders By the Numbers
- Aniyah Mack | 1 shot on goal
- Annabel Anderson | 1 shot on goal
- Katie Bahn | 90 minutes, 5 saves
- The Ospreys improve to 2-0 all-time against the Governors
- Head coach Eric Faulconer sent 31 Ospreys to the pitch
- Goetz recorded the first two goals of her collegiate career
- Weiss produced her fourth assist of the season, a team-high
- Dadah scored her third goal of the campaign, she now leads the team in goals and points
- Hartmann and Siassi notched their first assists of the season
- McSwigan was the first Osprey to record two assists in a match since Thais Reiss had three against Stetson Apr. 10, 2021
- UNF improves to 33-1-2 when scoring first under head coach Eric Faulconer
- The Ospreys are now 8-0-0 when scoring in the tenth minute or earlier under head coach Eric Faulconer
- Head coach Eric Faulconer recorded his 20th win against Atlantic Sun opponents
The Ospreys head to Kentucky to begin a four match road trip starting at Eastern Kentucky Thursday, Sept. 28 at 4 p.m.